May 02, 2013
1. Does your piano have dull ivory keys? Brighten those dull keys up with a little dab of mayonnaise! Rub a little bit of mayonnaise on each key, and leave on for about 5 - 7 minutes. Wipe off, and buff with a micro fiber towel for brighter keys!
2. Got Dry or Brittle Hair? Mayonnaise will soften and smooth your hair for a sleek look. Shampoo and towel dry your hair normally. Then using a wide tooth comb, comb in about a tablespoon of Mayonnaise, making sure to coat each strand of hair. Leave in for about an hour. Rinse, and shampoo and condition once more!
3. Rough Patches of Skin? Apply a small dab to those rough elbows, knees, and feet. Leave on for about 15 minutes. Then simply wipe with a damp towel. Moisturize as normal.
4. Got little ones that "accidentally" drew on the wall with their crayons? Simply apply a small amount of mayonnaise to the colored area, leave on for 5 to 10 minutes, and watch the coloring magically disappear! Wipe down with a damp cloth.
5. Weak Nails? Soak your fingernails, and cuticles in some mayonnaise for 10 minutes a week. Rinse and after about a month your nails will be 50% stronger! Mayonnaise will also help to reduce future hangnails!
6. In a Sticky Situation? Mayonnaise is great for removing sticker residue, sap, and tar! Cover the affected area with mayonnaise, let sit for a few minutes, then wipe off with a damp cloth. Apply a small amount of lemon juice to your mayonnaise mixture for added sticky cutting strength.
7. Water Rings? If you've got water rings on your wooden furniture, use a small amount of mayonnaise on a dry cloth to buff out the rings!
8. Stained Furniture? Just like the crayon effect, apply a small amount to the affected area, and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes. You may want to try it first in an inconspicuous spot before applying to something that is out in the open for all to see, as sometimes, you may end up with an oil stain.
9. Removing rings. Mayonnaise is great for being able to remove a ring from your finger!
10. Polish Your Houseplants. Yes it's true, people actually do polish their dull house plant leaves! I don't, well because I am lacking the green thumb gene entirely! However, if your houseplants have seen better days, and are looking dull. Try dabbing a small amount to the leaves, and buff.
11. Kill Head Lice. I wish my mom had known about this one when I was little. Yes, when I was a kid, I had head lice, and boy did I hate those chemicals! Massage mayo into the scalp, covering all the hair as well. Apply a shower cap, and leave in overnight. Wash out mayo the next morning, and using those fine tooth combs, comb the scalp. Repeat every 2-4 days if needed. It really does work!
12. Fix Cracked Furniture. If you have small cracks in wood furniture, apply mayo to the crack, filling it up. Wipe off any excess. Leave mayo to set for several days. The proteins and oils from the mayo will make the wood swell up, thus shrinking the crack.
13. Relieve Sunburn. Don't have Aloe? Apply a thin layer of mayonnaise onto the sunburned area. It moisturizes and cools the skin!
14. Remove permanent Marker from Skin! Apply mayo to mared up skin let sit for 5 minutes and wipe off with a damp cloth. Permanent No More!
15. Give Yourself a Facial. No more need for expensive creams. Apply a thin layer to your face, and leave on for about 20 minutes. Wipe with a damp cloth, and you'll be amazed at how well your skin looks!
16. Use Mayonnaise as a substitute for Eggs. When you are baking, and realize you have no eggs... Simply add 3 tablespoons of mayo as a substitute!
17. Remove Fingerprints from Stainless. Wipe a thin layer of mayonnaise on your stainless stell appliances, and gently buff away!
18. No More Squeaky! Got a squeaky hinge? Apply a small amount to that hinge and open and close the door a few times to quiet the squeak!
19. Gum? Get gum out of hair! Take a small glob of mayonnaise and rub all around the gum with your fingers, gently sliding the gum down the strand of hair.
20. Polish Your Silver. Giving your fine silver a once over with a buff using mayonnaise on a dry micro fiber towel, and bring the shine back to all your silver.
21. Have some dried up paint drips on door knobs, windows, or your skin? Apply a small amount of mayonnaise to the drip, and let sit for 3 - 4 minutes. Wipe clean. It's less harsh than those over powering paint thinners.
22. Use Mayonnaise to coat fish fillets or chicken breasts to lock in moisture, and help your desired breading adhere.
23. Use mayonnaise as a base for your tater sauce
24. Combine mayonnaise and a teaspoon of basil pesto for a zesty chicken sandwich spread