July 08, 2012
(The photo is in fact 3 NEW televisions, all of which are not working!)
Yes, I have been M.I.A. recently. We have been feeling a little, no, a lot, like we were being "punked".
Here's the summary in a nut shell:
1. bought a 55" & 65" TV from Walmart.com
2. set up said 55" and found it to be defective
3. called walmart.com, and had replacement 55" sent to us.
4. opened box of said 65" and found a cracked screen.
5. called walmart.com again, and would have a replacement 65" sent to us.
6. received replacement 55" a...nd opened box, found ANOTHER cracked screen.
7. called walmart.com again, asked for refund instead, and cancelled the 65" replacement order
8. went to best buy to purchase a different 55" TV
9. got tv home opened box to find an entirely different TV inside, not what we wanted.
10. Took TV back to best buy, and requested refund
11. went to walmart to go and purchase new 55" & 65" not before asking them to open the boxes to
make sure screens were intact.
12. installed the 55" - seems to be working now with no issues
13. set up the wall mount for the 65" and ready to hang, went to plug in cable line... THERE IS NO WHERE ON THE TV TO PLUG THE CABLE LINE IN!
14. heading back to Walmart today with 65" TV - not yet sure what we are going to come home with...
15. Having spent more than 2 hours at Walmart, we decided to try the same 65 inch TV one more time..
16. Had to reposition the wall mount (as we mis-calculated three inches.)
17. finally managed to get the 65 inch up onto the wall, and is now working perfectly.
I am officially finished dealing with TV's.
& You can find this under: A Day In The Life